The best way to get more traffic to your site is to promote your content. Here’s the definitive guide to promoting your posts to gain traffic, attention, and success.
How To Promote Your Blog
Summary Of Blog Promotion Tactics
There are a few important things to remember when promoting your blog posts:
- Make it easy for people to promote your content – Once someone visits your post, is it easy for them to share it? Adding social sharing buttons is one step, but you can go further by adding shareable quotes using tools like Click to Tweet.
- The more time you put in, the more successful you’ll be – The results you get from your blog post promotion efforts are proportional to the time and energy that you put in.
- If at first you don’t succeed, identify why not – It’s easy to get disheartened when you don’t see the results you expect, try to figure out why tactics you use haven’t worked. It may be that you need to keep on with them for a bit longer or try a slightly different approach.
- If you use syndication, be careful – Syndication is a great way to get more eye-balls on your content, but it may mean that any posts you have syndicated will struggle to rank in search engines. You can ask publisher to use the rel=”canonical” tag which will tell Google that your site published the original version, but it’s no guarantee that the publisher won’t rank higher than you in search engines. Despite this, syndication can still be a great tactic to use, especially when you’re in the initial stages of building an audience.
- Earn some goodwill before starting your outreach – There are plenty of ways to use blogger outreach but getting to know people and helping them out before asking them for help will set you up for success.